Friday, May 2, 2014

Father's Day card

Hello my crafty friends,
Easter is over and Mother's day is around the corner.  When I was a kid my dad would take us to the park to feed bread to the ducks.  He once gave me a mallard duck planter which I still have and everytime I see a Mallard duck I think of him.  After losing my mom last September, she was 2 weeks shy of her 86th birthday,  it makes me think how much longer my dad will be with us he is also 86 years old and is in worse health than my mom was.  Anyway, I am sending him this card for Father's day.  The image is from Eureka Stamps and it is for the challenge over at Craftitude Challenges It is a 1,2,3 challenge.  Use 1 image, 2 pattern papers, and 3 embellishments.  I used 4 because because it didn't look right with just 3 dots.  I made the dots from pony beads. A post will be coming soon on how I  made these, so be sure to become a follower of my blog so you don't miss it.  The mallard ducks from up north where I come from have dark blue and green feathers and bright yellow beaks.  I used my Spectrum Noir markers TB2,4,6,JG2,3,CT4,LG5, GB11. with Stickles Diamonds on the cattails.  Thanks for stopping by today and have a happy crafty day.
I entered this card in the following challenges:
Art Impression Stamps:  http://artimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Very stylish and beautiful card. Thank you for joining Crafting From The Heart Challenge, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card..thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge..Sue DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Kitt and beautifully colored! Thanks so much for joining us at Art Impressions' challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card.

    Thanks for sharing with us at the Crafty Girls Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love reading them.